Friday, June 14, 2013

Driving to Seattle, Part 1

Mt. Shasta
I intended on getting on the road at 4:00am today, but I wasn't able to sleep last night, so I ended up leaving the house at around midnight.

Now, more than 900 miles later it's 9:30pm and I am exhausted.  I have stopped at a Motel 6 in Grants Pass, OR for the night, and I am pretty certain I will be able to sleep this time.  I am ONLY 400 or so miles from Seattle, so tomorrow will be an easy day of driving.

Oregon is a beautiful state so far.  So much so, that it's hard for me to drive here because I want to stare at all the scenery.  I saw a river today!  It might not seem like a big deal to some people, but we don't have any in the desert...

I was only in Oregon for 30 minutes before I apparently broke the law.  I had no idea you're not allowed to pump your own gas in Oregon, so I pulled up to the station and started pumping my own fuel as I always do.      The attendant ran out and took over the pumping, quite aggressively I might add, and informed me of the law.  Once she figured out I wasn't from around here, she was really nice.  Actually, people in Oregon seem to be nice all around.  They certainly drive better than Californians, too.

Well, I am off to bed...  I have to get some rest.  I will try to get more photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment