Sunday, June 30, 2013

I broke the interweb?

So, I've been sitting here trying to get this blog updated, but the Garmin website to post the GPS tracks of each day isn't working, and the blogger page isn't letting me upload photos, so this will be a pretty lame update as it will lack visuals.

The rides in montana have been progressively worse as we neared billings.  The drivers have been getting more hostile, and just about every rider has made some complaint about how rude these people are.  They're just fine in restaurants and around town, but on the roads they turn into huge jerks.  Yesterday I got flipped the bird by what looked to be a 50 year old woman, and today I got told to, "Get off the road, faggot!"

Needless to say, I doubt I will be retiring in Montana...  The thing I'm looking forward to most in Montana is seeing the welcome sign in my mirror.

The real concern is that I hear people get more and more rude and aggressive as we go East, so if we're only in Montana and people are already this bad, what lies ahead?

We have a pretty tough week ahead of us over the next 5 days.  We'll cover more than 400 miles, and knock down the longest day of the ride (112 miles), so once that's done, it's all down hill from there, right?

Next time I update this, I will more than likely be in South Dakota, so see you all in about 5 days!

1 comment:

  1. Either S. Dakota or Minnesota has a strict 3-ft regulation for motorists, so they'll give you a wide berth. I didn't notice other states being particularly bad. Some percentage of people are jerks, wherever.

    Dick, 2011

    ReplyDelete