Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June 25th - Rest day in Missoula, MT

First, I'll put up the GPS tracks from the ride into Idaho.  That was a good day of riding and it was nice to finally cross a state line.


On June 23rd we left Sandpoint, ID and made our way across our second state line in as many days.  The ride into Montana was pretty nice.
















The Pend Oreille Lake portion was especially beautiful.  We were told it was moose country and to be especially watchful for wildlife, but I didn't see anything other than a few deer.




Thompson Falls: Home of Western Hospitality.

On June 24th we made our way from Thompson Falls to Missoula.  It was 102 miles, and for a few of our riders it was their first century ride ever, so congratulations to them!  (Nelle Glasser, Kendall Smith, and Melanie Zahn)


The weather was pretty bad again.  I think it started raining about 3 minutes into the ride and persisted for most of the morning.  The rain stopped around lunch time (mile 40) and I dropped off my rain gear at the 60 mile stop as the skies were clearing.  That was almost a horrible mistake because it started raining in Missoula no more than 5 minutes after I finished the day's ride.

Next time I will play it safe and just tuck my rain jacket away in my jersey.

My legs feel fine, but lately I've been having some pretty bad neck cramps...  I've never been to a masseuse, but I am going to get a neck massage later on today.  Hopefully that helps with the neck cramps.

There are quite a few beautiful views in this part of the country.  This was the view from lunch.  I need to talk to Charlton about picking a better spot.  This view made it hard to leave the lunch stop.

Speaking of Charlton, I would like to thank him, Lynn, and Tom for all the great support.  They're doing a great job and without them we wouldn't be successful on this ride.




Tomorrow we ride 99 miles to Avon, MT, and it's 4 days until our next rest day.  I will probably only be able to update this blog on rest days, so check back here in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment