Sunday, June 16, 2013

A day around Seattle...

I didn't have internet access yesterday, so I wasn't able to post an update.  Yesterday I arrived in Seattle, and dropped off my truck with Susan Gaylor.  Here's a photo of me and her.  If she steals my truck, I at least have a photo.  She's super generous, and gave me a ride back into Seattle and even took me on a small tour to see the Seattle Troll (picture below)
 This morning, I decided to go for a ride.  I'm not really familiar with the area, so I am not entirely sure where I went, but while along a bike path I saw this statue and decided to snap a photo.  There are a lot of bike paths here, and you see people jogging and cycling all over the place.  This is the kind of place I could retire to.
 Here is a close up photo of the plaque below the statue.  Sorry it's tilted, but I am too lazy to delete the photo, rotate it and repost.  You can either turn your head or hold alt + shift and use the arrow keys to turn your display.
 Here is the Seattle Troll.  I had to wait around for a while to be able to snap a photo without a bunch of tourists in the view.  It seems like a visit to the troll is a must if you're visiting Seattle.
Like I said before, you see people cycling all over the place here. I appreciate a city that appreciates cycling.  Over the Freemont Bridge, there is even a meter that counts how many cyclists cross the bridge each day, and it keeps a running total for the year.  This shot is from early in the morning, so the number is low.  When I was coming back from dinner last night the number was nearly 3,000.












In a bit, all the riders should be here for the orientation, so I am getting really anxious to start this adventure now.  Tomorrow, WE RIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment